Said tuxedo shop will remain nameless but let's just list the issues I have had with them since we originally reserved our tuxedos back in December:
1) Have had to make several calls to confirm the cost of the tuxedo rentals because every time a new groomsmen/ring bearer/father went in to reserve and pay for their tux, they were given a different amount than the discounted price we were given for the rentals.
2) They charged my sister for my nephew's tuxedo rental which was supposed to be free! Then said they would fix the mistake and refund her when we pick the tux up.
3) They didn't charge one of the GM the full amount of the tuxedo when he came in to get fitted even though the notes in the computer were made VERY clear so that every guy would pay in FULL when they got fitted so that we would not have to pay any open balances since we are picking up all the tuxedos for them!
4) Their computer screwed up on one GM's tux info and only charged him $40 instead of $140 to which they told us to 'consider it a free gift and pay it in full immediately so we'd get the cheaper rate.' Only we found out this week, the computer magically corrected it's problem and is now requesting the balance of $100 due (sigh)
5) My dad went in to get fitted this week and was told that the pants we reserved do not 'match' the jacket we reserved. Um, hello? Not true! So I had to call the store *again* to have them look into it. They indicated that wasn't true and the pants were fine. However, they did note that the ring bearers did not have the same type of pleated pants reserved as the rest of the wedding party! So they had to fix that mistake, too.
Every single time I call them to check on the status of something or ask to make sure everything is correct, they find some other problem or something wrong. WTH?!?
Seriously - I'm getting over this wedding planning and these stupid vendors real quick!
14 days to go - THANK GOD!!!
2 days ago