So, I think I am truly done with all of the wedding planning and task lists and to-do's. No really...see that task list up above this post? That's really all that I have left to do that is wedding related. And we still have 11 days to go and that stuff should be able to be knocked out pretty easy (sending up prayers).
This past week/weekend I did the following:
* Finished assembling programs with help of Bridesmaid Deb
* Assembled all the escort card favor boxes filled with M&M's and JellyBeans with help of MOH Julie and BM Erin (printed all the guests' names and cut them out and put them in alphabetical order)
* Fixed up my little silver bells that needed some TLC (they'll hold the trivia cards on each table)
* Reorganized and confirmed that I had all my kids' favor boxes correctly identified (we added 3 kids to our guest list that I needed to account for)
* Met with my florist and paid her in full, met with my caterer, selected our menu and paid him in full
* Had my MOH (sister) design our menu cards to display on the appetizer and buffet tables
* Put together our gift card box
* FINISHED OUR WEDDING VIDEO that will be played at the ceremony as a lead in to my walk down the aisle (Post coming tomorrow with the final video for you to see!)
* Printed out final seating charts for coordinators and caterers
I'm waiting for our placecards to arrive this week so that I can put them together by table assignments for our coordinator and then that's it!
So I really think I should have everything done at least a good week before the big day! Yea me! I can just relax and get my massage and my nails done and all that jazz.
Of course, I do need to pick up all the tuxedos two days before the wedding to deliver to all of our guys coming in from out of town. I am praying that goes smoothly as you will remember from my post a few days ago that stupid tuxedo shop has been the biggest thorn in my side during this whole process!
Well, ladies...I know a few of you just got married or are soon to be married. And then there are those of you who have a ways to go still.
Did/Do you feel like you had everything done with a few days to spare or were you rushing up until the night before? If you're not married yet, do you think you'll be able to give yourself time to have everything done a little early? It is SO nice for me because now if I forget anything, I have a few days to go over it all in my head and handle any last minute issues.
PS All is well here after the 7.2 earthquake in Mexico that we definitely felt here in So Cal. Mr Fix It and I were in the grocery store when the earthquake started and every aisle had a few things that fell off the shelves. It was not that scary but definitely strong and longer than most we have had lately. What a weekend.
1 day ago