Thursday, July 29, 2010

Wed Recap: I like these people!

This has been a busy week. Which is strange since I've been rather lonely the past several weeks. Have I mentioned that Mr Fix It went up north for 3 weeks to work on his parent's home? He left his newlywed wife all alone in a new house. Turns out, my daughter, Little Miss has also been gone spending a lot of time with her dad since he had some time off and she had practices going on down at his house. Easier commute.

But since I was surprised at 4 am yesterday morning by my sweet husband kissing me and coming home 2 days earlier than expected, I plan on keeping today's post a little short so I don't have to be at the computer too long.  I did put together this little video clip which was one of my very favorite parts of our ceremony (Do I say that a lot? Are they all my favorites?).

Anyway, this was a little tidbit that our pastor shared about how he knows us and it gives you some great insight into who we are as individuals. I absolutely had no idea he was going to share the little detail he did near the end of the clip about my 'planning skills.' Enjoy!


Share time: Was there any part of your ceremony or wedding planning process that you took control of planning that is typically handled by someone else like a vendor or the officiant? :)

TODAY'S WEDDING TIP:  Ask your officiant if they will incorporate specific things about who each of you are as individuals and as a couple.  If they don't know you personally, perhaps they can have you fill out a little biography to include as part of their introduction or message?  This is one reason why I truly love pre-marital counseling :)  It gives you an opportunity to bond with your officiant which makes the ceremony that much more special.

Raw video footage courtesy of Video Keepsakes of Beverly Hills

5 comments:

Shannon said...

It looks like your officiant did a great job. It's nice that he spoke about his personal experience with you both.

I wrote out the script for our officiant and didn't tell him to add any personal perspective of us which now I wish I had. I think it would have been cool if he mentioned how we scored the highest of all his couples on our compatibility test. haha.

Kim said...

Your officiant has such a pleasant voice to listen to! We have only spent one evening with each of our two officiants . . . I wish we could have known them better, but we sort of had to "take what we could get" since there are not a ton of Catholic/Hindu officiants that are willing to do interfaith ceremonies. I'm really happy with both of them, but I'm not sure our ceremony will have the wonderful, personal feel that yours did.

Putting together a bio is a great idea though!

Heather said...

First, it’s awesome that Mr. Fix-It was able to head back a couple days early. Yay! And what a fun speech! I love his comments about you sending him the wedding message ahead of time! LOL! Though I gave our vendors a lot of direction about what I wanted, I also tied to step back and give them some freedom, too. In our case, I think it worked out well, with our vendors using their creativity to bring my vision to life. The one exception is at the church, where we had the mishaps I already outlined. But they really didn't allow for much customization, so that part was out of my hands.

Giovanna said...

that's awesome! i love that you got to know your officiant. it's so much more personal that way. we spent a few hours with him at a coffee shop a few months before, but that's about it. also, i love the new photo in the banner. your dress looks gorgeous in that shot.

Miss C said...

Hahahaha I love this! He is great!

wedding tickers