I saw this over on Miss Mojito's blog, With This Ring and thought I'd share it over here. Feel free to browse through and then let me know if you post it on your own blog :)
1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
Started actually saving huge amounts of money! But all for our wedding...wish I would have done this years earlier :) Also, had my daughter enter a state pageant...man, I never thought I'd say I was a pageant mom, but my daughter begged me to join the National American Miss Pageant along with her g-friend and I have to admit, it was a great experience for her. Not like those God-awful beauty and talent pageants that you see on reality tv shows but a great confidence booster and something that prepares young ladies for public speaking, interviews and just being proud of who they are.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't do new year's resolutions...
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yup, my baby sister gave birth to her 2nd child, my little niece, Analeigh. Mr Fix It's brother and his sister also added new babies to their respective clans.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Thankfully, no...though we did have a lot of health scares and a few close family members lost people close to them.
5. What countries did you visit?
None in 2009 as we started off the year saving all our money for our wedding.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you didn't have in 2009?
I will have a new husband, a new home (his) and a new family (the in-laws). I think that's plenty!
7. What dates from 2009 will be etched upon your memory, and why?
Really nothing too specific other than birthdays which are always fun, and my little niece's birthday - April 14th...two days before our wedding date in 2010!
8. What was your biggest achievement of this year?
Again, saving money like I never have before!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Oh man, trying my darndest to be a good mom to a high school freshman...so many changes come with raising teenage girls but I think I'm doing well.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Ugh! Yes, a cracked rib, a car accident that left me visiting a chiropractor for 2 1/2 months, a black eye and 6 stitches under my eyebrow from passing out at the beach, a few sicknesses like colds and flus that ended 2009 with a sinus and ear infection. Needless to say, here's to a HEALTHY 2010!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Oooh...my wedding gown!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Everyone who has been listening to me chatter about weddings all through 2009 without cutting me off as a friend!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Thankfully, no one really. I am lucky to be blessed with some great friends and family and though no one is perfect, we've made it through without much drama.
14. Where did most your money go?
Again - the wedding. Paying all cash for everything myself so it is amazing to me how much cash I've dropped in 2009 on the big day!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
2010! And our new little baby niece and 2 nephews that were added to the family this year.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
I will say Boom Boom Pow like Miss Mojito...something about that song has been overdone this year.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
b. The same :( Actually wish I was fatter!
c. Richer...sort of
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Exercising and eating to gain the 15 lbs I was hoping for before the wedding...I'm just horribly unmotivated.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
I would say spending time on the computer but that's just not true :)
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Same as always...with my extended family on Christmas Eve and immediate family on Christmas Day.
21. Did you fall in love with 2009?
Not at all...so happy to see it go!
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Too many but definitely LOST!
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't like to use the word hate and I think it takes just as much energy to 'hate' someone as it does to 'love' them. So if someone offends, hurts or upsets me, I would rather just exclude them from my life without wasting any further thoughts or emotion on them and wish them well.
24. What was the best book you read?
The Shack was pretty good...but it was the only book I read this year :( Maybe that should be my New Year's Resolution? Although I always read the Bible which is my favorite :)
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Fell more in love with Michael Buble and also love Sarah Groves.
26. What did you want and get?
The center stone to my engagement ring!
27. What did you want and not get?
A kindle and a the Droid
28. What was your favorite film of 2009?
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Turned 37 in October and went with my family to a Japanese restaurant called RipTide...love it! They cook the food right in front of you :)
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not getting sick or hurt.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2009?
Totally casual...working by myself in an office 5 days a week does not give me much reason to dress up and raising a teenager also means that I have few nights of social gatherings. :)
32. What kept you sane?
My faith and the Bible. Mr Fix It.
33. What political issue stirred you the most?
Oooh...while I love talking politics for sure, I don't do it over the net. It is something I discern as to whether or not to discuss and how when I am able to have a face to face conversation with people. Needless to say, I have no problem sharing that I am a conservative republican girl through and through so figure it out.
34. Who did you miss?
Mr Fix It...we really only get to spend one or two days together each week due to our busy work schedules and my daughter's schedule and having other commitments and things going on. I cannot wait to get to move in with him and wake up with him every single day!
35. Who was the best new person you met?
Hmmm...I'm sure there's someone but I'd have to think about it.
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
I actually should be able to save a lot more money than I ever have before...when something is important to me, I make it work! :)
2 days ago