Wednesday, January 13, 2010

They're here, they're here! The INVITATIONS!

I have been patiently anticipating the arrival of my mockup invitation...it was supposed to arrive by the end of the year (I've been working on the custom design with our stationery lady since JUNE!) but she got a rush order and had to put me off a bit longer.  So they finally came last week and I can share them with you! 

They are not in the same colors as our wedding scheme - our Save the Dates were but Mr Fix It wasn't as in love with the color scheme as I was so we compromised and decided the invitations did not need to be in the same color scheme.  However - the graphic elements you see on the invites *ARE* in fact being used throughout all of the stationery, favors, etc at our wedding...but we changed it from aqua (as seen in the invite) to turquoise to match the colors at the wedding.

Please excuse the quality of the images, I was so excited I took the pictures on my camera phone...it's actually not a bad camera but the lighting and such in my office is horrible.  So what do you think?




Look at how perfectly the graphic on the inserts flows from one to the next so that it looks like one continuous design!



I am going to add some clear rhinestone embellishments to each of the little graphics (one on each side) to give it a little punch and bling it up a bit :) 


The insert cards all lined up next to each other.


The insert cards stacked on top of one another to show the graphic flow :)


My favorite part!  The double sided RSVP cards...these are the 2 cards, one for the 'yes' responses (on top) and one for the 'no' responses (beneath).  The other side of each of these cards has the place for them to write in their info such as number of people attending, name, etc (see insert image above).


Close ups of the two insert cards with our pics showing excitement (jumping for joy) that they can attend and sadness (pouty face) that they won't be able to make it.  :)





Mr Fix It and my mother did not like the Century Gothic font I selected for the information part of the invitations - like the font for the 'Please reply on reverse' in the photo above.  They thought it was just a little too 'simple and plain'...so that is the only thing we are changing...going for something with just a little bit more 'pop' and something with serifs on the letters.

So after that change, I am eagerly awaiting their arrival soon.  To save some money, we had her shave a little bit off the cost of each invite in exchange for us putting them together by placing the insert cards in the pocketfolder and attaching the belly band ribbon and stuffing the envelopes.  Our personalized postage stamps have arrived!  They will go on the black envelope along with the wrap around address label that has the invitation design on it.  I will show you those as soon as we are finished assembling...my custom designer thinks she should have them shipped out to me by this weekend!  :)

26 comments:

Kim said...

Wow, they are so beautiful! I am impressed. We'll be making our own invites, so there is no way ours will turn out like yours, but that's OK. I love how the graphics work together. Beautiful! Can't wait to see more!

very married said...

that's SO awesome. love love love it!

buhdoop said...

Cut cute cute. It is cool how the design continues onto all three cards.

Mariposa said...

OMG so exciting! I love them, they look great and are very festive, I really like the colors too. My favorite part are the reply cards!!!

A. Marigold said...

Wow, these are amazing! I really love the two different RSVP cards; super cute idea. ;)

Do you have people who will help assemble the invitations? An assembly line is totally the way to go!

Heather said...

Wow! They look incredible, and I can’t wait to see your stamp! As I may have mentioned before, my favorite aspect is your unique response card idea. Your guests will love it, and it’s a great way to make the invitations fun.

Nicole-Lynn said...

They turned out gorgeous! Love the colors! The design on the invite mimicks a wave, love it. Great job!

Belinda C said...

They came out wonderful! You have the greatest ideas!

Shannon said...

I loooooove your invites! They turned out beautiful and I know your guests will love them. Great job coming up with all the design features and I really like the wording on your invite, I may need to 'borrow' that :)

GM said...

Very cute!

Em said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE them!! The swirly flourish thing is SO lovely! They turned out really really great :)

Kristy said...

i love how the design continues over all of the card heights when they are stacked - really beautiful - how exciting!

honey my heart said...

love them!!! the rsvp ones w/ your photos are my faves.

A Los Angeles Love said...

Creative, gorgeous, a little bit funny/sweet, and exquisitely coordinated. They are lovely all around.

Anonymous said...

Those are awesome! Congrats!

penga said...

Wow! Gorgeous!! I love the continued swirl design, and the sad faces on the no rsvp, toooo funny! With those puppy dog eyes how could anyone say no? :D

JazzWhispers said...

I love these! I love how the cards all make up the design! They look wonderful!

The Lovely Nester said...

Love how creative you guys were in making your RSVP cards! I also think they will look really nice when you add some rhinestones, you can never have too much bling :)

Patience said...

I love, love, love them. They look awesome.

Chocolate Lover said...

I think they look stunning! I love the colors and the design, especially when you pile the inserts on top of each other! Beautiful!

Chichi {From Now Till I Do} said...

Invites looks really great. Love the colour and the continuous design flowing through - very creative!

Unknown said...

These are really beautiful I love the colors and the pictures on the yes and no reply cards!! Great job! Congrats on getting the mock up.

Recession Bride said...

LOVE these! They are so cute, and my favorite part is definitely the happy/sad RSVPs. So adorable! ; )

Mrs T said...

They are SO AMAZING! I adore the fact that the cards line up so the pattern matches. Such a great little detail. And the photos on the back of those RSVP cards are classic. I would LOVE to get an invite like this in the post. Sets a great tone for your whole wedding. I'm excited!

Abby the Tiny Traveler said...

I love it. The design is perfect!

Gracie said...

The invites look really awesome! I love the colour aqua. And the swirls are a really pretty touch. :)

P.S. I hope you have fun in Australia :p

wedding tickers