Friday, June 25, 2010

A country wedding in Cayucos (Mercedes)

This past weekend, Mr Fix It and I traveled about 4+ hours up the coast line to a little town called Cayucos.  The central Californian coastline is some of the prettiest shoreline I've ever seen.  So beautiful.  My girlfriend, Mercedes wanted to have a destination wedding, but at only 25 years old, she also wanted lots of her friends to be able to make the journey with her and her now hubby.  So they opted for a rustic, country style wedding in Cayucos.  It was right near the beach but the wedding was held in a barn.

Here are some lovely photos recapping the event:


Ceremony Area


The reception tables...she used burlap linen cloths with doiley table runners and simple vintage/old mason jars, candlestick holders, and votive candles with a few bright field type flowers throughout.
Their sweetheart table with photos of them as children on it


The adorable guest book table which included photos of the bride and groom as children, their parents and grandparents wedding photos and a guestbook of their engagement pictures to be signed.  I thought it was so adorable to use an old table with the drawers open to display this.  They did something similar for the gift table but I didn't get a shot of that.


Another view of the reception tables.



The bride and her maids...they wore different dresses which were adorable with flat shoes.

The groom.  The groomsmen all wore similar pants with white shirts
and bow ties but only suspenders...no vest or jacket.


The adorable flower girl


MARRIED!

The barn where the dancing took place...and of course where the bar was. 
Dinner tables sat outside just by this door way

After dinner, their amazing photographer took them just up this hillside right next to the barn for some gorgeous shots with the sun setting on them.  I can't wait to see them!

They had a makeshift faux-to-booth.  I let them borrow our props from our photobooth and they hung a sheet up on a fence.  Guests just used their own cameras to snap shots of themselves goofing off :)
This is me and Mr Fix It

Mercedes is one of six girls who is in a bible study I lead for 20 something ladies.  This is us.
Mercedes asked all the girls attending the wedding to please wear brightly colored floral patterns.


And this is all of us girls (without Mercedes) in the faux-to-booth!

This wedding was totally not my style at all.  I am not the country, rustic girl at all.  But it was definitely totally Mercedes through and through.  It was beautiful, simple, outdoorsy and so much FUN!  The guests danced and partied all night long and the bride and groom had a wonderful time!

17 comments:

Patience said...

Great pics. I love seeing how a bride and groom turn something non traditional into their vision. So fun!!

JEM - Aqua Bride said...

I really love when couples make their wedding their own style. That's exactly what i've been trying to convince Mr. Muscle with no luck.

Gaynor {Our Day by Design} said...

Gorgeous; so lovely that it reflected the couple.

Discovery Street said...

this couple is adorable! Isn't it sooooo cool to go to a wedding soon after you're married? you just notice SO many details! great shots!

LuvBeingMrs.Grimes said...

What a great place for a wedding. Was it a regular ranch or was it a place that does weddings?

Shannon said...

Everything looks like it tied together really well. Looks like a wedding you would see featured on Once Wed's blog.

Heather said...

The central coast is gorgeous, and this looks like it was such a fun wedding! The rustic style wasn’t for me, either, but for the right couple, I think it’s awesome.

redwhitebride said...

wow, that's a lovely rustic wedding. i'm sure it's full of personality.

Katie said...

What a fun wedding! Looks like a great time!

A Los Angeles Love said...

I love seeing these pictures form you and not a pro, because it STILL captures the important stuff and is soo freaking sweet and authentic. Even though it's entirely different than your wedding, which was also totally authentic. The happiness and beauty is so clear. (And I agree, I love Cayucos and the drive up to Central CA)

Morgan said...

Gorgeous! I love all the details captured!

honey my heart said...

what a beautiful wedding and fun details!

A. Marigold said...

So pretty! I visit Cambria with D's family every year, and we always end up driving to Cayucos for dinner one day. She really caught that rustic feel I think she was going for. :)

Claire said...

What a great location. I love the rustic themed wedding. Everyone looked like they had a great time.

Kim said...

Oh my gosh, the beach and a barn? And lace and wildflowers? I love it all. Such an adorable wedding. I love the frames hanging near the ceremony space, and the guest book table is beautiful!

Kristy said...

i love how they embraced simple homey elements like the lace, furniture, photos and frames ...there is something so cozy about the overall picture - and it looks like it was a lot of fun too!!!

Em said...

I'm not a rustic gal either, but this wedding is beautiful!! Plus, her dress? In. Love.

wedding tickers