Monday, June 21, 2010

Reflections on Marriage: Protection

So we're walking across the street in a sidewalk on Main St in Seal Beach on Friday night on our way to dinner at Whalt's Wharf.  Mr Fix It says to me "You know when we're crossing the street like this, you always need to walk on the inside left side of me."  I looked at him and he said "You know why?"  I responded, "So I don't get hit by a car?"  He answered "So if a car is going to hit one of us, I can be the one to get hit and hopefully prevent you from getting injured."


Nothing makes a woman feel more loved than a man who wants to protect her.  (swooning)



Afterthought:  At dinner, two ladies at the table next to us kept staring and smiling at Mr Fix It.  As they got up to leave, one of them walked by him and said "You were great in your last movie."  Mr Fix It just smiled and nodded.  I laughed and said "Why didn't you ask her who she thinks you are?!?"  He said he didn't want to disappoint her.  :)  If you remember, Mr Fix It is sometimes told he looks like Matt Damon or Kevin Bacon.  :) 

Photos courtesy of Yan Freedline (VideoKeepsakes of Beverly Hills)

18 comments:

Patience said...

Lenny has always made me walk on the inside. If I forget and start walking he asks me to move to the inside. So sweet.

Chocolate Lover said...

Awwwww so sweet!

JEM - Aqua Bride said...

Oh he's such a gentleman.

Therapist Directory said...

Hi


Nice Post! Marriage or Relationship Counseling can help the couples to have an idea of what to expect from a marriage and what not. It can also help to fix any indifference's between the couples thereby helping a relationship to work.

Thank ! Keep sharing

Shannon said...

Aww sweet. Kristian has said the same thing to me and always walks on the outside. We married good guys.

Mrs. Wedding Crasher said...

So sweet!

Mrs. Wedding Crasher said...

Oh and I would say he def looks more like Damon than Bacon!

Heather said...

What a sweet, chivalrous guy! When we walk along a busy street, Stephen will always walk on the outside, making sure I'm on the inside. He says that since he’s taller, he’s easier for the cars to see. LOL! And that’s too funny about the movie comment!

Alicia said...

Nolan always wants me to walk on the "inside" too. It's very sweet.

GM said...

That's sweet. My fiance always wants me to walk on the inside as well. Such gentlemen :o)

kjpugs said...

I LOVE THAT about my man. He defended me once (someone walking by after the bars made a comment) and things got ugly (long, not so good story) but knowing what he'd do for me is so special.

PS he looks JUST like Matt Damon in that first pic... LOL!

Kristal said...

My hubby always makes me walk on the inside too, I love how protective he is!

LuvBeingMrs.Grimes said...

Wonderful post. I am going to share it with my DH.

Mrs T said...

Love this post. Love that he wants to protect you while you cross the street. Love that first photo of you two staring at each other - you look so so happy. Love that he didn't want to disappoint his fans!

Miss C said...

Nothing impresses me more than a gentleman!

Hannah said...

Pete does the same thing! He even switches sides half way so he can protect from the other way. It makes me melt every time :)

So funny how your hubby looks just like a movie star! Looking at his pictures I totally see it.

MrsRlL said...

I love that feeling of protection. It's fun to realize when I am experiencing that feeling at unexpected times too. This whole marriage adventure has been amazing so far. It's been great to hear about your journey.



Adventures in Marriage
mrsrll.wordpress.com

Em said...

Aww he's adorable :) And *totally* see Matt Damon now that you pointed it out!!

wedding tickers