Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Wed Recap: Uh-oh...it's magic!!!

There was one thing that Mr Fix It did not fight me on when I told him that I wanted something extra special to entertain the guests during our cocktail hour:  a magician!  If you read my post back here, you can check out the story of how we came to find the amazing Jeff Ezell. 

Jeff did not disappoint on any level!  He showed up before our ceremony started and we quickly greeted him while we passed him taking photos.  He sat in the very back of the ceremony by the bridge and even provided over 30 photos on his iphone for me on Facebook!  And then as soon as the ceremony was over and he and the guests made their way upstairs poolside for cocktails, he went to work!

He wandered around the guests, amazing and bewildering them with card tricks, rubberband tricks and even a trick with Mr Fix It's wedding band!  I'll just let the video speak for itself and then share a few pics with you as well...you *HAVE* to see this!  And tell me if you see his slight of hand moves.

Today's video footage (courtesy of Video Keepsakes of Beverly Hills) is a bit longer than my previous recaps...but only because you have to see Jeff's amazing talents...and try to figure out how the heck he does this!!!

The amazing magician, himself

The kids were definitely loving him!



He gave us a deck of cards signed with his name and our wedding date...it was a keepsake that
had a few cards in it that guests had written their names on as you saw in the video.


But I think Mr Fix It was most impressed with him.  As a matter of fact, he kept pulling him aside to do tricks for his own family and friends!  So much so, that by the end of the night, my mom, sister and some friends said they never even saw him!  But oh no, Mr Fix It made sure he made his way to *ALL* of *HIS* friends and family!  Twerp! 








I love Mr Fix It's reaction in these next few shots!







All above pictures by Robert Mullins Photography

Jeff did such an amazing job, that we asked him to stay during dinner and walk the tables while guests were waiting to be released for the buffet as well.  He did this for a very minimal extra fee.  We were so thankful!
He was more than accommodating and a wonderful vendor to work with - probably our favorite!









All above pictures provided by Roseanne Rivoli

TODAY'S WEDDING TIP:  Find a way to do something different during your cocktail hour if you can.  It can be playing a montage video of photos of the bride and groom or having a photobooth or a game table set up.  You can hire live musicians to walk around serenading guests or even those live moving tables to serve your appetizers on.  I knew I wanted our guests to be entertained throughout the event.  I wanted them to be kept busy and eating and having fun.  Those who saw the strolling magician raved about him and it was definitely a highlight and hit of our event that I was so excited about.

17 comments:

Runrgurl10 said...

This is such a great idea for entertainment during the cocktail hour! Totally unique, love it!

Mrs. Lopez said...

Thats pretty awesome! Great idea especially for the kiddos!

JEM - Aqua Bride said...

Those pictures of Mr. Fix It are too funny. He looks like a 5 year old in a candy store.

Shannon said...

I'm a sucker for magicians and card tricks. I swear I'm secretly a 5 year old. I bet that was a lot of fun for your guests.

Kim said...

Woah, how'd he do that??? Your wedding looks lik it was such a blast! I really want to do something fun like this, but am having trouble coming up with something that will keep 350-400 guests entertained. It seems like if we did a photo booth, we would need to rent two, etc. Sigh. All sounds expensive!

Too bad we're not having our wedding at a zoo like you did :)

Heather said...

Wow, that is so much fun, and the pictures of Mr. Fix-It are awesome! I love this as a cocktail hour idea. My friend Damien, who’s also a wedding photographer and magician, and who took our getting-ready shots, had my bridesmaids laughing and having a ball while we were waiting. It added some extra fun to the day, and also helped keep everyone from getting too nervous -- at least at that point!

Salt said...

I swear. You had the most fun and creatively entertaining wedding I have ever seen in my life. Seriously an experience for all your guests to remember!

honey my heart said...

so cool and such a great idea for guests to experience!!

Kristy said...

what a fun idea! and i love how he looks normal so he kinda blends into the party...such a great surprise!

very married said...

those reaction shots are PRICELESS

redwhitebride said...

That's a super fun idea! Love the reactions :)

Amberdawn said...

Haha looks like your husband had fun!

That's such a cool idea, having entertainment for your cocktail hour.

GM said...

So fun! I love those pics of Mr. Fix It. Hilarious.

Miss C said...

Those pics of Mr Fix It are hilarious!

Looks like everyone had so much fun!

Mrs T said...

Wow I have NO idea how he does that! So cool.

Loving Mr Fix it's face in those photos too. Classic!

Gaynor {Our Day by Design} said...

Fab idea for entertaining; we just left our guests to it with canapes and the bar!

Katie said...

Whoa - what an awesome idea!!! And, I must say that I am a fan of the magician's suit!

wedding tickers