In 10 days, Mr Fix It and I will have been together for 6 years! And in just about 60 days it will be our wedding day! So I thought it'd be fun to share a quick rundown on the timeline of me and Mr Fix It's relationship:
* Feb 19, 2004: Mr Fix It sends me an e-mail via match.com. Being the computer addict that I am, I of course respond immediately.
* Feb 20, 2004: Mr Fix It is *NOT* a computer addict and hates them...thus he instructs me to call him or there will be no further communication. :)
* Feb 26, 2004: After having talked on the phone several days in that first week, we meet up for our first date at the Cheesecake Factory at the Irvine Spectrum. We have a great conversation and walk around the shops and Mr Fix It has no problem showing his affection by wrapping his arm around my waist. Though I was not used to this kind of 'forward' behavior on a first date, I felt oddly attracted to him and the night did end with a little smooching.
* August, 2004: For the past 6 months, Mr Fix It has still gone on a few more 'first dates' from some online women he met but was up front and honest with me about the fact that we were only 'dating' during that time. I was okay with it...patience is a virtue. But now, he has told me that he is done with dating and I am officially his girlfriend (smiles all around!).
* Spring, 2006: For whatever reason, Mr Fix It and I are both feeling unfulfilled in our relationship. Though we have no major problems or issues between us, we discuss this and decide it is best to part ways. However, we do remain in touch via phone calls over the next year.
* Sep 2, 2006: Mr Fix It attends my sister's wedding and though we are 'just friends' he sits at the main table with my family.
* March, 2007: Mr Fix It and I are now in more regular communication and even hang out once in a while. After close to a year apart as official boyfriend/girlfriend, we casually decide to start dating again.
* April, 2007: I am suddenly more in love with Mr Fix It than I had ever felt in our previous 2 year relationship. Being apart for a year has made both of us realize that we just needed some time apart and perspective to see what we really appreciated about the other. Our relationship is now full force back on and better than it had ever been in the past.
* Spring, 2007: I can't help but often tell Mr Fix It how much "I love him." In fact, I say "I love you" to him often. His reciprocation is sweet but never with those words.
2 days ago