Saw this over on The Newlywed Chronicles today and thought it might be fun to share and ask you fellow friends to post as well - I love getting to know people better.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper for sure! And usually color coordinated for under the tree.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real growing up. Fake, for the past 10 years. Now Real this year since Mr Fix It insists on real trees :)
3. When do you put up the tree? The day after Thanksgiving! (But with a real one not sure if I'll be able to continue this tradition)
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually around New Years Day!
5. Do you like eggnog? Um, no.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Don't think I remember my favorite but know that I loved my baby doll that you could 'feed' and then change her 'messy diaper.' And also loved this little toy car thing that you drove around a race track. Made me feel like a real driver.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Grandma.
8. Easiest person to buy for? My sister...we always tell each other exactly what we want.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? My roommate had one that we always put out but since I've lived on my own for the past 3 years, the only ones I have are ornaments on my tree.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail for sure! Gotta have something to hang!
11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Don't think I ever got a worst Christmas gift.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Mickey's Christmas Carol...there's something nostalgic about it for me and it just makes me laugh! And of course I love It's a Wonderful Life and a Christmas Carol.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? The day after Thanksgiving and sometimes even before.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not at all.
15.Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? These cookies my mom makes called Snowballs.
16. Lights on the tree? I mix it up but my faves are either the all white ones that are synchronized to Christmas songs that 'ring' or the different colored ones that have 8 different ways of blinking, flashing, fading, etc.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Posted about it on Monday...My Christmas Card to You by The Partridge Family or O Holy Night by N'Sync.
18.Travel at Christmas or stay home? Always stay home - though Christmas Eve we have the big family get together at a local cousin or Aunt's home.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Donner, Prancer, Blitzen, Comet, Cupid, oh geez, can't remember the last two...then there's Rudolph!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Ooh...pretty Angel holding a harp that lights up. Used to be a white star that flashed along with the other lights.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Eve we open presents with the extended family...we do a Secret Santa exchange. Christmas morning we open the gifts with my immediate family - Mr Fix It, daughter, mom, sister and her hubby and kids and usually Grandma.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Having to hear on the news about stupid people up in arms about a nativity display or a Christmas song, prayer, etc and how they're offended by it and need it taken down or need to put up their pagan symbolic item or other holiday stuff. It's called CHRISTMAS for a reason - stop complaining about it.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I have been all over the place over the years...from peach and mint green to purple and silver. But the past several years I have become more of a traditionalist and just love the basic red and gold theme on a green tree.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Last few years we've been doing mexican type stuff - enchiladas, tamales, etc. We need to mix it up with the family I think!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I honestly can't think of anything. I would love to get the new Google Droid phone but I know the fam won't get that because to them it's unnecessary :(
26. Have you ever been caroling? Yes, but can't remember when, where or why. I was younger...I think we caroled at a nursing home.
2 days ago