Monday, December 7, 2009

Music Monday #6: Ceremony songs: My friend, Charlie Chang

Allow me to introduce you to my friend, Charlie Chang.  I met Charlie through our church and let me just say, he is the nicest guy and ever so talented.  Being involved in my church, I know many talented singers who I could have asked to sing at my wedding.  Heck, I lead a group of girls in my bible study who have almost all sang in their school choirs or on our church worship team!  But when trying to figure out how to personalize our ceremony and find the perfect song to incorporate at just the right moment, I was really struggling.  Until one day when I was watching an episode of Scrubs and during this scene where Carla tells everyone that she's pregnant, they play this amazing Christian song by this band I love named Kutless. 

The title of the song is All of the Words and I love it because it is perfect to play as a worship song during the time that the hubby and I will be taking communion and saying a family prayer while the guests are just sitting there.  But the song also has several parts that sound like a love song between John and I.  And immediately I thought of Charlie to sing the song because his voice would be so perfect with it and he plays the guitar which will make a perfect combination of acoustic performance.

So check out the songs and Charlie and tell me what you think!

Charlie's Video:  Waltz for You


Charlie's Album on iTunes  (click the iTunes button) Charlie Chang - Charlie Chang EP - Headlight Symphony
The Kutless song All of the Words  Kutless - Sea of Faces - All of the Words

6 comments:

Kim said...

Wow, that's going to be so beautiful, and even more meaningful that someone you know will be singing at your ceremony. We are going to ask two of our friends to play acoustic guitar for the same reason. Fingers crossed that they'll say "yes"!

Heather said...

I love everything about this idea. It will be so special and memorable. And Charlie's video is fantastic! I’m also excited that one of my bridesmaids, who I’ve known since junior high, is a singer. We’ve asked her to sing during the ceremony, and I can’t wait.

Anonymous said...

He is so talented! I agree with the other ladies...it will be such a special thing to have someone you know play this part in your wedding. :) I love the idea!

Mrs T said...

So neat that you know the guy in person! Lucky thing

little luxury list said...

Aww that is so sweet Stacet and it will be amazing. He has a great and soulful voice - super cool!

Mariposa said...

Wow he has a great voice!

wedding tickers