Friday, November 27, 2009

Share your wedding on the web

Ok, so this is the coolest thing! While browsing through another blog today I noticed off to the left side one of the ads. (I NEVER look at the ads on a web site but for some reason this one caught my eye.) It is an advertisement for a LIVE broadcast of your wedding on the internet. How amazing is that?

Our original guest list is like 300 people (including children of friends that we will not be inviting to the wedding due to budget and space limitations). We have a lot of family and friends but the venue can only hold 200 guests inside the room we want to use as a reception area. And then of course we will have a few guests who live out of the area and can't make it anyway. With this feature, you pay a minimal fee (I think it was like $250 for 50 guests to log in) and then your guests can watch up to 4 hours of your ceremony and reception. You can either have your videographer work with the company to arrange for broadcast or if you have a laptop, a DV or USB Video Camera and obviously an internet connection, you can set up everything yourself.

I might seriously consider this as there are so many more people I wish I could invite but won't be able to add to the guest list due to our budget and the reception room restrictions.

Check it out here.  Would you consider doing this?

5 comments:

Heather said...

That's a wonderful idea! I would definitely consider it, since some of our older relatives who live out of town may not be able to make it because of their health. I think it’s worth checking into.

Gracie said...

That's such a great idea! It would be worth checking into but I guess we don't really have a guest list problem :)

Vanessa said...

Hi there! Love your blog. I probably wouldn't consider this, to be honest, because it's pricey and I don't know whether people would actually log on. We're having a videographer so if anyone wants to see the wedding they can... just my take!
Thanks for sharing!

Mrs T said...

If I couldn't make it to a wedding and they said I could watch it live from home on the net I would LOVE it. I think it's a really neat idea.

Are you going to do it?

Mariposa said...

How cool! That would be really nice!

wedding tickers