So the wonderful lady over at Westside Wedding bestowed upon me the Kreativ Blogger award - Yea! I really love her blog so I would highly encourage you to go check her out if you are not already a follower. She often shares lots of templates and printables on her site and lately has been posting super inspirational images of gowns while blogging about her gown search. Not to mention a recent fun post on the top 10 Wedding Movies of all time.
So the rules are to name 7 things about yourself that people may not know be it fun, interesting, or even embarrassing and then nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
1) This has been a sucky past year in the way of health issues. My fiance was in a surfing accident last year that required surgery to reattach his bicep to his elbow and left him out of work for 4 months. This past July I passed out at the beach (for no real reason that the doctor's can find) and smacked my head on the concrete requiring 6 stitches under my eyebrow and leaving me with a lovely scar for the wedding. A week later, I was in a car accident and rear ended which left me in the emergency room for the day and am now trying to settle the thousands of dollars of medical bills I incurred. Last month I cracked a rib after a horrible coughing bout due to being sick for over a week. Needless to say, I'll be happy to see 2009 go - especially since my wedding is in April!
2) I worked in the grocery business for almost 10 years as a checker and bookkeeper. You'd be sorry I am not still there since I was by far the fastest checker in our store! I just don't understand why checkers tend to screw around and look everywhere but at the UPC code on my groceries when I am trying to get out of the store and home after a long day at work!
3) I work for a multi-millionaire who is involved in real estate investments and property management. I found the job on monster.com and after working for him for 2 years, I decided I wasn't happy here anymore and so I found a new job and gave him my notice. He begged me to stay and asked me what he could do to keep me. I jokingly responded "Double my salary." He did and needless to say, I am still here 5 1/2 years later and LOVING my job!
4) My sister decided not to name my niece with a middle name. Her name is Analeigh. Her older brother (my 2 year old nephew) is named after his two grandfathers: Philip Joseph. We call him PJ. I told my sister to name my niece Analeigh Joy so that we can call her AJ. How cute is that?! She considered it but has not decided to make any official name change so now I am the only one in my family who calls her AJ.
5) I am a huge fan of talk radio and new radio shows. I listen to Bill Handel on the way into work almost every single morning and Frank Pastore on the way home from work every single afternoon.
6) My daughter's Aunt and Uncle work for Jay Leno and we often get to go watch tapings of his shows and sometimes meet with the guests afterwards for photos. We were supposed to go see Taylor Lautner (from Twilight movies) this Monday but my daughter made it to the final round of soccer tryouts at her high school and we had to cancel! :(
7) I played softball for 9 years growing up and then randomly chose to run cross country my first year in high school. My daughter played softball for 10 years growing up (and soccer, too) and then randomly chose to run cross country her first year in high school. It is scary how much this child is taking after my own life history!
There you have it...and now for the 7 fellow bloggers I'd like to pass this award onto for being uber Kreativ and super supportive:
2 days ago