Sunday, March 21, 2010

Our Wicked Wedding Website

One of my favorite things about our wedding was the web site I created the month after we got engaged.  Back in January of 2009 I set up a site through http://www.weddingwindow.com/.  It's not free like many other sites, but I believe it offers way more than most of those free sites do. And at only $89 for 18 months worth of hosting, it was well worth the cost!

I have used it to communicate everything to our guests (family and friends): 

*  Stories about our relationship, proposal and backgrounds
*  Pictures and info about our ceremony and reception and venue
*  Collecting address information from guests
*  Receiving messages and congrats from guests via the Guestbook
*  Listing info and pics about our wedding party members
*  Collecting online RSVP's for not only the wedding but other events like showers, rehearsal, etc.
*  Sharing a calendar of events with guests about all wedding related activities
*  Listing gift registry info as well as links directly to our registries with store sites
*  Sharing a special blog, updates and news info with our guests
*  Providing contact information as well as directions to all wedding related events with maplinks directly to sites for guests to get directions
*  Providing travel and hotel information
*  Sharing fun things like Then and Now photos of the wedding party, a quiz all about me and Mr Fix It, games and puzzles using pictures of us, and other photos and video
*  Sharing information about our honeymoon details
*  Having a special page dedicated to the memory of those who have passed that are special to us
*  Providing info and references regarding all of our vendors
*  Sharing information about our house and new address

The cool thing about this site is that you can password protect the entire site or specific pages if you'd like.  You can also customize so many of the templates and add photos and video throughout the site. 

I absolutely love it and we have gotten great feedback from our guests about it as well.  One of my favorite things is they let you put the entire site on a CD when you are finished with it so you can keep it as a keepsake forever.

You can check out our site here:  http://www.staceyandjohn.weddingwindow.com/

Do you have a wedding web site?  What do you love about it?

8 comments:

Shannon said...

I setup a free website using TheKnot.com. It had templates to put a lot of that same information. I've discovered that actually not that many of our guests have used the site despite giving them all the website address on our STD's and Xmas cards. I know b/c people constantly ask me information that is clearly on the website. Oh well. I'm just glad I didn't spend any money on it since I seem to be the one looking at it the most :)

Heather said...

Setting up our website and adding to it as things progress has been one of my favorite parts of the planning process! We went with a free site through Brides, and it’s been a great way to share our story and also share vital details with guests. Your site looks great!

Anonymous said...

That's a great site! I went with a knot page, and it works well for us. But yours is great!

Kim said...

Great website, and very informative! My fiance set up our site, and it's a little bare bones at the moment, though it gets the job done. One of our web-designer friends was heckling us about our site last night since there are a lot of gaps so far. Must add "improve website" to our to-do list!

PMerr said...

We have the Wedding Channel & TheKnot ones, but I made one at weebly.com-a free site & just combined everything into one. It's not something that's important to us, so we didn't want to pay the money for it.

Gaynor {Our Day by Design} said...

Great site!

We didnt bother with one as just put an info sheet in with the invites instead.

Jillreigh said...

Wow, you website is so detailed! You did a great job. Our site has the basics and I'm hoping our guests will actually use it for info!!

Mrs T said...

I love your wedding website. So wish I was a guest - you make the wedding sound so exciting.

Love that you can burn it onto CD too. Can't do that with mine - but it was free, so I guess you get what you pay for!

wedding tickers