One of my favorite things about our wedding was the web site I created the month after we got engaged. Back in January of 2009 I set up a site through http://www.weddingwindow.com/. It's not free like many other sites, but I believe it offers way more than most of those free sites do. And at only $89 for 18 months worth of hosting, it was well worth the cost!
I have used it to communicate everything to our guests (family and friends):
* Stories about our relationship, proposal and backgrounds
* Pictures and info about our ceremony and reception and venue
* Collecting address information from guests
* Receiving messages and congrats from guests via the Guestbook
* Listing info and pics about our wedding party members
* Collecting online RSVP's for not only the wedding but other events like showers, rehearsal, etc.
* Sharing a calendar of events with guests about all wedding related activities
* Listing gift registry info as well as links directly to our registries with store sites
* Sharing a special blog, updates and news info with our guests
* Providing contact information as well as directions to all wedding related events with maplinks directly to sites for guests to get directions
* Providing travel and hotel information
* Sharing fun things like Then and Now photos of the wedding party, a quiz all about me and Mr Fix It, games and puzzles using pictures of us, and other photos and video
* Sharing information about our honeymoon details
* Having a special page dedicated to the memory of those who have passed that are special to us
* Providing info and references regarding all of our vendors
* Sharing information about our house and new address
The cool thing about this site is that you can password protect the entire site or specific pages if you'd like. You can also customize so many of the templates and add photos and video throughout the site.
I absolutely love it and we have gotten great feedback from our guests about it as well. One of my favorite things is they let you put the entire site on a CD when you are finished with it so you can keep it as a keepsake forever.
You can check out our site here: http://www.staceyandjohn.weddingwindow.com/.
Do you have a wedding web site? What do you love about it?
3 hours ago