Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Shower the people you love...

So I have been waiting for a while to share the photos from my bridal shower which took place back on February 21st with all of you lovely ladies!  Unfortunately, we've had some problems with getting the photos.  You see, my family is not as 'blogger' friendly as I would like them to be.  So they are not huge on having a camera at their disposal every 30 seconds.  I did not bring my camera as my daughter and my cousin happily brought their own and assured me they snapped photos of everything.

However, when we went to download the pics from my daughter's camera, they were all deleted!  GASP!  Seriously?  WTF?  We still don't know how it happened but they were totally gone :(

I frantically asked my cousin about the pictures she took.  She said she gots lots of pics of me opening gifts and a good amount of the decorations and details that my sister took so long creating, making and setting up.  But unfortunately, she only had like 2 pics of me with my mom and a bridesmaid.  All of the photos with me and all of the guests were on my daughter's camera!  :(

Needless to say, I was pretty bummed about the whole thing.  Then it took over a month for me to get the pics from my cousin (who is also a bridesmaid) because she is battling breast cancer right now and has been laid up in bed dealing with all kinds of healing and pain from many physical problems, tests and a surgery she just recently went through.  :(  Again, another one of the stupid health issues that we are trying to struggle through and deal with in the midst of our wedding plans.  I am really praying she feels whole and healthier by the wedding day in 3 weeks because she is super adamant about how important it is to her to be there for me in the wedding.  She even postponed her surgery to have one of the tumors removed so that she could still be in the wedding!  She's crazy but I guess the doctors were okay with it.

So, here they are.  Rather than post a ton of pics here on the blog, I just put them into a Shutterfly album.  If you click the link below the album to 'view larger' then you will be able to see all of the captions and explanations of the photos below them as the slideshow plays.



Have you had any unfortunate camera or computer related disasters where something very important, memorable or precious to you was destroyed or deleted?

13 comments:

Nicole-Lynn said...

Sorry that happend! There is a way you can recover photos deleted from a memory card. There is a program you have to buy I believe but it's possible! The photos you have a good though.. great detail shots! :) Glad you had a fun time at your shower!

Shannon said...

Looks like they did a great job. My first shower this past weekend was pretty low key but I'm having another one at the end of April which will probably be more like yours.

redwhitebride said...

sorry for what happened with your camera! my dad lost all his pics taken from his once in a lifetime travel to madagascar!!!! he was sooo devastated :(
looks like you had a great shower.

Kim said...

Ugh, I'm so sorry you lost your photos, but I'm happy that you did manage to get some. I hate technology, so this is something that would happen to me. Love those adorable fabric fortune cookie favors!

JEM - Aqua Bride said...

Really nice pics in spite of everything. We lost all of our first major family trip pictures when my then 1 year old son "played" with my camera and cleared the memory card which deleted every single picture. We're talking hundreds of pictures. I was really bummed but I try to keep the memories etched in my mind. It's the best I can do.

JazzWhispers said...

Awe I'm really sorry that your pictures are gone! That's far too bad!

It still looks like you had a wonderful shower! Showers make me so happy! Awesome!

GM said...

Sorry about your lost pictures...the ones you do have look great though and I love all the details!

Heather said...

I am so sorry! It hasn’t happened to me yet, but I realize how easily it could. I know this is exactly why pro photographers shoot using multiple memory cards, back their photos up in multiple spots, etc. The photos you have look beautiful. :)

buhdoop said...

I saw this inspiration picture for your boxing entrance. These guys did a basketball entrance:

http://www.blogjerry.com/storage/2008/10-october/18-diana-mike-wedding/Diana_Mike-blog20.JPG?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1223663576945

buhdoop said...

PS. That is my biggest fear with digital photography. I have almost erased all our photos several times. The photos you do have are really nice and capture the atmosphere well. Also, I really hope your friend is feeling up to attending y'alls wedding.

Mrs T said...

That is one heck of a ribbon bouquet! Love it.

Most times when digital camera files are lost they can be retrieved. If it happens again - do not take any photos on the card (the information is still there, but when you take new photos it stores over the top of the information) - download recovery software (you can get it free on the net) and run it over the card. It takes anywhere from five minutes to an hour - but EVERY time I have had to do this I have gotten at least some photos back - most times all. Have you still got the card?

Losing photos sucks. Big time. Sorry!

Sarah said...

I once had my computer crash and they weren't able to save any of my photos- and EVERYTHING was pretty much on the computer. It was a sad day. And you'd think I would learn my lesson and back them up somewhere, but no. I need to get on that though...
BTW, you look so pretty! That dress is awesome.

Chocolate Lover said...

That sucks! But it looks like you had a great time from the ones you do have! :)

wedding tickers